Monday, July 25, 2011

America, I Know My Dreams Will Come True!

I honestly have never thought about going abroad before I saw an AFS announcement. Hmm, it seems like a dream. It's extremely high and I don't even have enough confidence about that. But a little passion inside my heart told me to go for it. I went through each selection and finally got to put my ten top destination country. Until now, my dream country is still : France. A beautiful-romantic country I've been thinking all my life. But at that moment, I chose America as my first choice since it offered me a full scholarship -yes, for France I need to pay some money-. Guess what! God really knows better than me. I was there! In the United States. The number one country in the world.  I stepped on its land for real in 2008 and had amazing-super-duper-wonderful experiences.

I was (and am still) so grateful about the chances God gave to me. Yes, I went to Chicago a lot. American Flags was fun. I went to a great-super fun high school with lots of good friends. I tried my first and (maybe) last skiing experience -since I'm so suck in balancing things such as skiing, roller skating, or even riding a bike, LOLs!-  But I love snow sooo much though! Hmm, let me think. I went camping a lot. I volunteered for Feed My Starving Children. I learned how to dance a jazz dance. I experienced what's called too much christmas. And sooo many great things I had on that year. But one thing which is  a lot better than those excitements above, and what was counted as the best part :

MY FAMILY...The Becketts.

Have you ever felt being far away from home but you feel like "I'm home!"? I have! What an indescribable feeling I have to have such the three cutest younger sisters in the world, an awesome inspiring-wonderful American mom, a hard-working-lovely daddy, and a little cute doggy.  A family you share laugh and love, a family who will hug you whenever you need, in good or bad times. 

Well, time does fly. My sisters grow, they are big girls now. When the youngest one talks, oh God, she talks like a teenager. :p My dad is still a hard-working dad, I guess :p And my mom is having a wonderful spa business since she does have the talent. (oh, check this out: http://soulindulgencespa.com/) And I am now in China, learning Chinese and having another "being abroad" experience.

I believe that everything starts from a dream. A dream gives me the strength to try my best to make it comes true. A dream encourages me to let go the failure and start a new step. A dream teaches me to move on for a brighter future and learn from the past. I dreamed about going to the U.S. And I did go! I dream about going back to the States. And I will go!


I'll tell more about how amazing my American life was and some differences between the two "being abroad" experiences. It's so fun to think back about some memories behind and put them in writings though! It helps me suffer from the feeling of missing my American family so much. And these are my most favorite Americans ever when we were on skype last week!























1 comment:

  1. @rizkya : i know, Allah not sleep and always listen our pray .. every experience in our life make us tough and that the law of the toughness.. I hope you can get your dream to France, you must TRUST ! if you write your dream in this posting and you will laugh when you in France and read this posting :) cheers..

    ReplyDelete